Who can apply?

In order to be accepted on the waiting list at Tietgenkollegiet, you must comply with a number of requirements. It is important that you make sure to familiarise yourself thoroughly with the information below before you submit your application.

A special note for international students

International students who do all or a major part of their studies at one of the approved places of education may apply for a room at Tietgenkollegiet on equal terms with the Danish students. However, please note that it is only possible to apply for a room in connection with an exchange stay spanning at least 1 year. Residence in connection with short exchange stay (i.e. less than 12 months) is administered by the places of education.

Requirements for the applicant

When you apply, you must

  • be under the age of 30 at the time of application;
  • be accepted at or expect to be accepted at one of the qualifying places of education (see below);
  • have a minimum of 12 months left of your studies;
  • have a high school diploma with average marks of at least 7 (corresponds to ECTS C) on the new scale (please note that in order to ensure a consistent treatment of the applicants we will not deviate from this requirement – thus, it is not enough to have average marks of 6.9).

The above requirements must be complied with in order for your application to be considered valid. However, please note that you are not guaranteed a room just because you comply with the above-mentioned requirements. All valid applications will be evaluated individually – read more about this on the pages about the selection process.

Qualifying places of education

Applicants are required to attend or expect to attend a student grant qualifying bachelor or master degree course as defined by the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education or the Ministry of Culture or that can be equated with these.

The places of education must be located in the Øresundsregionen.

Please note that professional bachelors are not equated with bachelor degrees.

The places of education under the Ministry of Higher Education and Science:

  • The University of Copenhagen (KU)
  • Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
  • Roskilde University (RUC)
  • Copenhagen Business School (CBS)
  • IT University of Copenhagen (ITU)
  • Department of Education (DTU)
  • Aalborg University in Copenhagen (AAU)
  • Aarhus University in Copenhagen (AU)
  • University of Southern Denmark in Copenhagen (SDU)

The places of education under the Ministry of Culture:

  • The Royal School of Library and Information Science
  • The Royal Danish Academy of Music
  • The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
  • The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture
  • The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Conservation
  • Rhythmic Music Conservatory
  • The Danish National School of Performing Arts

Documentation requirements

When you fill out the form, you must enclose the following:

  • Documentation of student activity (see information below if you has yet to begin your studies).
  • High School examination certificate with average marks equivalent to at least 7 on the standard Danish grading scale.

What if I have yet to begin my studies?

You can submit your application 4 months before commencing your studies. Instead of documentation of student activity, you must enclose documentation that you have been accepted into the relevant study programme.

If you have yet to receive your confirmation but expect to be accepted, you can still apply. In that case, the documentation must be forwarded later as soon as possible. Furthermore please note that you can’t move in until maximum two months before commencing your study programme.

Special remarks

When moving in during the summer holiday, 20% of the available rooms are reserved for people who begin their study programme after the summer holiday.